My Nose Doesn't Look Any Different from Before my Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a small bump removed and tip made smaller. But my side profile still looks the exact same, just the tip looks bigger from swelling. The bump on my nose does not feel like swelling. The skin is thin. I am only 11 days post op but I have seen other people with a bump removed and it's gone right away. I spent 7000$ for this surgery and am just very discouraged. I know it takes a while for swelling to go down.. Just can't believe it still looks the same.

Postoperative rhinoplasty healing, early results

+2

The short answer to your question is that it is way too soon to be able to tell if there is a problem or not. It is very common to have what appears to be a persistent bump especially if swelling is present. Also, the tip is always bigger after a rhinoplasty and this can persist up to six months to a year or longer if tip work was done. I would ask about taping postoperatively. I feel that it helps tremendously for the skin to conform to the new structure and with time that should help but I would ask your surgeon first.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

My nose doesn't look any different from before my rhinoplasty?

+2

11 days is still soon after surgery, and you will have swelling present that can affect the appearance of your final result. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal, as your final result will not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. I would recommend communicating any concerns to your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Early result after a rhinoplasty

+2

You are still very early in your post operative course.  Instead of worrying about it ask your plastic surgeon if he thinks you are on target for this point in your recovery.   His input can be invaluable to help you along.   

My Nose Doesn't Look Any Different from Before my Rhinoplasty?

+1

I see a minor difference in the hump area but not the tip. But ONLY 11 days. Allow 3 months of healing before considering a revision. 

Nose looks the same after rhinoplasty surgery

+1

I agree with you that the changes are not drastic, but nevertheless there are definitely some.  Yor hump became less prominent, the columella (bottom of the nasal tip) looks better.  There is definitely a component of the postoperative swelling which may also camouflage the surgical changes.  Moreover, your nose did not look "bad" to start with, so I am not sure if drastic changes was something you were looking for.  But definitely voice your concerns with your surgeon -- it is always better to talk it over than to hide it inside and be unsatisfied.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD