What can be done to my nose for a more symmetrical overall look? (Photo)

I had a nose injury when I was 4. I fell on my face into a gravel driveway and my mother just put bandages on my face. I see that my nose shifts more to one side and one of the nostril with the scar is longer. Also my smile lines are becoming more uneven as I age due to the pulling of my skin. What can be done for this for a more symmetrical face?

More Symmetrical Look #nosejob

+1
There are so many things that can be done to change a nose. You can have tip refinement, profile adjustment, change of the shape of the nostrils, etc. What would be good for you is an overall plan made between patient and surgeon. I can spout of lots of things I could do to your nose, but at the end of the day what we all need to hear is what your desires are. I may say I would change your tip shape, and you may say you love your tip, but do not like your profile. Find a board certified surgeon who specializes in Rhinoplasty and have a consultation to further answer you question.

Improving Nasal Symmetry.

+1
Rhinoplasty surgery will straighten your crooked nose, improve symmetry, and reduce the retraction of your nostril rim. Unfortunately with these pictures I cannot evaluate the surrounding facial asymmetry that you mention. You want an experienced surgeon so you achieve a natural result.

More symmetrical nose?

+1
An artistically performed rhinoplasty can modify the size as well as the shape of the nose in a variety of ways to produce an improved cosmetic result depending on desired outcome, individual anatomy and surgical expertise.

Keep in mind that following the  advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what exactly to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What can be done to improve my nose ? (photos)

+1
This is an excellent forum for the exchange of general information, or even for specific focused questions about a single clinical issue, but broad questions like "What can be done?" are impossible to appropriately answer without more photos and a better understanding of what you want your nose to look like.  Submitted photos, in my opinion, show acceptable symmetry.  There are however, aesthetic features which if improved, might be of great value to you.

Steve Laverson, MD

What can be done to my nose for a more symmetrical overall look?

+1
   This will require an exam or more pictures to answer.  The scar may be tethering several areas.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Fixing a crooked nose

+1
From the photos it looks like you have several issues that can be addressed.  It is difficult to see the scar on these photos.  I would recommend you see a couple Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area to get a straight forward answer to your questions.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose? what to do?

+1
Most of the time and it looks it applies to you, the crooked mature nose is a result from a child's fall.  The septum or keel structure of the nose is made of cartilage and it bends or warps.  This is likely what is causing the crookedness.  A good nasal exam and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon should help figure it out.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty options

+1
I see the asymmetry in the nostrils but I do not see the scar. It looks like there is a bit of notching, or excess arching, of the nostrils. This can be helped with cartilage grafting. You have a slight dorsal hump and the tip could benefit from some refinement. Go get some real consults to be sure. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD