My Nose is Flat and Crooked After Surgery? (photo)

Hi Narrowing of the nasal bone,shorten the hanging tip 7 days after my open rhinop my nose looked okey even if swollen!The tip was okay and more pointed otwards like before surgery! But now 2 mounths after surgery my nose tip is more and more flat?Why? Im scarred its gone stay that way? It was more okey when it was bigger and swollen but like this,flat? And one side of the nose it looks like the surgeon took to mutch of the soft tissue or is it just unevenly swollen? the nose tip looks crooked!

Unsatisfied With Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

I am sorry that you feel frustrated but at 2 months post-op, it is not possible to assess and predict the end results of a rhinoplasty.

What you notice today as nasal irregularities may readily be gone at the 6 months or 12 months post-op marks.

I advise you to be a little more patient and to give mother nature room to take its course. Meanwhile, it is highly recommended to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and to keep communicating with him/her.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian.

Rhinoplasty Flat and Crooked

+1

At 2 months it is impossible to tell what your nose will look like after an open reduction rhinoplasty. It will take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year for full recovery, then can a full assestment be done.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

My Nose is Flat and Crooked After Surgery?

+1

Yes the posted photos demonstrate these issues. Sorry. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon the plan to correct and time table.

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year and are permanent then.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year and are permanent then. Be patient and your nose will probably be fine then.

Relax wait for the swelling to subside

+1

It appears to me it is swelling related to the surgery. This is almost assuredly a temporary situation

Richard Ellenbogen, MD