Is my Nose 'Fixable'? (photo)

I am biracial and I have never seen a nose like mine. It is not only wide, but my nostrils are really round. I really want to model but i can't with a nose like mine. Is it possible to get a smaller, natural looking nose through surgery? I'm mainly looking for smaller nostrils. Is it possible?? What else could be fixed? Thank you!

Is my nose "fixable"

+1

This nose can be addressed with rhinoplasty surgery, although there are some limitations with thick skin.  To refine this nose, weir alarplasties would need to be performed along with some small amount of cartilage removal from the tip itself. Osteotomies would be performed to narrow the upper two-thirds of the nose.  Anticipate postoperative cortisone shots in the first few months to manage postoperative edema and swelling.

Refinement of nasal features with a cosmetic rhinoplasty

+1

The refinement of a rhinoplasty is the change the balance of features in order th make your nose look narrower.  You really have some nice facial features and the goal is to have all parts of the face in harmony. 

By augmenting the midline from the root of the nose (the lowest part of the nose between the eyes) to the tip will make the nose look narrower by changing the proportions.  This is one of the paradoxes of "more is less."  A subtle narrowing of the tip with increased projection will also help to make it appear not so broad.  Decreasing the width of the nostril flare will also give a narrower appearance.

The fact that one nostril is described by you as wider than the other is reflective of the fact that the natural human body is not characterized by mirror image symmetry. 

A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a focus on rhinoplasties is where you want to go for your consultation.

John M. Weeter, MD

Is nose fixable?

+1

I think you can improve the things you want such as refine the tip and narrow the base of you nose.  You have thick skin and will not have a tiny nose.  See a Board Certified Surgeon who does rhinoplasty often.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Is my Nose 'Fixable'? (photo)

+1

You CAN model with that nose, and you CAN adjust nostrils, shape, and femininity of nose.  In addition to nostril shape, size, the length of your nose and relationship between dorsum (top of nose), and tip of nose could be adjusted.  My focus would be on creating a cute tip without too much definition to preserve harmony with your other features.  This of course, would depend on your desires as expressed during consultation.

Steve Laverson, MD

Looking for a smaller nose

+1

You have a nice appearance from the base (bottom of your nose).  However, it is possible to achieve smaller nostrils that will prevent your nose from flaring or getting even wider with smiling.  Additional improvements can be made to your nose at the same time.  I would recommend you consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Tip plasty

+1

I think based solely on your photos, a tip platy may be reasonable.  An alar base reduction may be what you wanted.

Tip refinement and nostril reduction

+1

You have beautiful facial features.

In order to achieve refinement of your nose, the nostrils can be shaped with a conservative alar base reduction which will decrease some of the bulk of the base of the nostrils and make the nostril shape more oval than round.

The tip can be refined slightly to give it better definition and support.

I think that would give the nose better overal balance with your face.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide Nostrils Fixed by Rhinoplasty?

+1

Wide nostrils as well as a wide tip can be improved with rhinoplasty as well as many other things.  I think it is very possible to get you to a more refined, smaller nose that you are seeking.