Will my Nose Ever Feel the Same Like Pre-op Again?

About 2 months ago I underwent open septorhinoplasty with turbinates reduction. Since then I've been very worried about when will my nose ever feel the same like before the op or will it never be the same again? My surgeon says nothing was placed inside no implant no nothing so does that mean my nose will eventually feel the same again once the swelling settles? My nose is very hard and the columella is still stiff and pain. I've been going back to my surgeon he says its normal. Depressed!

Nose and stiffness

+1

Your nose should go back to "normal' once the swelling comes down. It may take several more months even up to a year.

Stiff nose

+1

As the nose heals after surgery, swelling subsides. Hardness or firmness at the tip and columella are very common in the first few weeks after surgery. In all likelihood, your nose will feel like it did before surgery very soon. Good luck.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Stiff nose after Rhinoplasty

+1
A nose will feel stiff after rhinoplasty and even more so if cartilage grafting to the tip area was used. If no grafting was placed, your nose will soften up and begin to feel more natural around 6 months post op. Give it time and it will feel better. With cartilage grafting in the tip, the nose may always have a stiffer feel than pre op since you re structured the area with firmer cartilage. Hope this was helpful.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon