Would my Nose Be a Difficult Procedure? Considering Rhinoplasty. (photo)

I have a bulbous tip. I want that removed. I also feel like my nose is long. I want that shortened. My nose looks fat from profile view too. If I got a Rhinoplasty, would my nose look weird afterward? Would it be a difficult procedure? I have provided a picture. Please tell me if the picture is not clear enough. I can post another one. Thanks!

Is Rhinoplasty for Me?

+1

Hello. All of the changes that you desire can be done by a board certified plastic surgeon. Before the procedure, you should talk candidly with the plastic surgeon so that you are both on the same page going into surgery. These changes can all be done to provide an elegant nose while maintaining masculinity.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may be employed to narrow and deproject your tip.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos which are limited for evaluation.

You appear to have an overprojected tip on profile (your tip protrudes too far), and on front view, you appear to have thin skin and tip asymmetry.

You may consider consulting several experienced rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose reshaping surgery other wise known as rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to completely evaluate a nose from pictures alone and these photos are less than ideal. It does appear though that your anatomy does match your complaints and that is certainly important when evaluating someone for rhinoplasty surgery. Often times, the nature of your type of surgery would require reducing and reshaping the cartilage, support structures of the nasal tip.  Sometimes it may also be necessary to defat some of the soft tissue of the lobular portion of the nose as well. Because of the limited ability to evaluate your nose, I could not say for certain as to whether or not other features of the nose would need surgical alteration. a consultation in person would also enable the surgeon to better evaluate the likelihood of obtaining a desirable result. 

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Would my Nose Be a Difficult Procedure? Considering Rhinoplasty.

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the nose has a wide tip which is also over-projected.  The projection reduction portion, of the Rhinoplasty, can be performed as part of an Open or Closed Rhinoplasty.  The degree of existing tip rotation, which needs to be determined from a proper profile shot of the nose, would determine which is the most appropriate in your particular case.  Technically speaking this is a moderately difficult Rhinoplasty, IMO but understanding the proper aesthetics of facial and nasal beauty is how you should select your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  Rhinoplasty experience alone is simply not enough.  

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos are not of the best quality to assess what could or should be done. On the side view it looks like the tip may project too far forward. If that is the case the inner limb of the tip cartilages can be trimmed and the tip cartilages suture aligned to address those issues.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Is your rhinoplasty going to be difficult?

+1

Is your rhinoplasty going to be difficult? Not for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. See real patients the surgeon has done not imaging which any person can learn to do, but that is not real surgery.

The weird nose after rhinoplasty

+1
The photos are of no use. To avoid a weird nose after rhinoplasty, let your surgeon have a clear idea of what you like and expect, and hopfully he will be able to show you through computer imaging what his suggestion is as well.

Would my nose be a difficult procedure?

+1

Hello, after reviewing your posted photos I will say that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. A good surgeon will be able to accomplish what you are asking for. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Surgeon. Ask to see before and after photos. Good luck to you. 

David Alessi, MD