My Nose is Deformed? (photo)

I am a black African american. When i was younger, I constantly hit myself on things. Now, I believe I am suffering the consequences. My nasal septum seems to be as flaccid as it was when i was a child. I am assuming it is stunted growth. Please get back to me as soon as possible

Rhinoplasty can resolve both aesthetic and functional concerns

+1

If your nose has suffered trauma, rhinoplasty can resolve both aesthetic and functional concerns. An in-person consultation is necessary to discuss your cosmetic goals as well as address any existing respiratory issues. Since African-American patients have thicker skin that is more prone to scarring and shorter nasal bones, it is important to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has ample experience with ethnic rhinoplasty to maximize your satisfaction.

Is My Nose Deformed?

+1

From the photos that you posted I don't see anything unusual about your nose. However, if you have specific concerns or want to change the appearance of your nose then you certainly have plenty of options. The nasal trauma may or may not have contributed to your current nasal appearance but that is less important now than determining if you are dissatisfied with the appearance of the nose and want something done to improve it. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO