My Nose is Crooked, in Your Professional Opinion, What Should I Do? (photo)

My mom has a crooked nose, she said I was born with it also. It wasn't until I was 16 that I got into a fight with somebody, and he directly full force hit me on the opposite to which way my crookedness went. Right after it happened, everybody really noticed my nose was crooked I told them it always was, they said that now it was really noticeable. I'm asking you, what do you think I should do? I'm now 20yrs old, so it's been 4yrs since I've had it.

Crooked nose

+1

Your appearance would benefit from rhinoplasty surgery.  Your nose is significantly crooked and surgery can change the focus of your facial aesthetic.

Crooked Nose Corrected With Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose can be much improved with rhinoplasty.  Do you have any breathing problems?  If you do, make sure that the surgeon does both breathing surgery and cosmetic surgery. 

Crooked nose can be straightened.

+1

Hi.

Your nose is severely deviated, and this is almost always the result of injury.  I recommend a rhinoplasty to straighten your nose.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Crooked Nose

+1

You are a great candidate for a rhinoplasty.  I believe better done as an open approach.  You should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon and review photographs and/or do computer imaging before surgery.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Repair of Crooked Nose Deformity

+1

You need to seek consultation with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon who has dedicated experience in fixing crooked noses. Make sure you see plenty of photo examples of their work that show consistently good results with crooked noses. For example, take a look at our online gallery to see several examples of this type of work. Fixing a crooked nose deformity like yours is one of the most challenging types of rhinoplasty to perform. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Nose is Crooked, in Your Professional Opinion, What Should I Do?

+1

Yes, aethetically your nose is crooked and appears to have broken in the past.  A Closed Rhinoplasty could make the nose straighter and abit more narrow both of which would lead to a more natural appearing nose IMHO.

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can help improve your appearance and help improve any breathing difficulties through your nose that you may have.  A thorough evaluation of both the inside and outside of your nose is recommended.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Crooked nose

+1

You certainly are a candidate for a rhinoplasty. It is jsut a matter of what you want. Best to see a plastic surgeon for consultation. good luck.

Rhinoplasty for a crooked nose

+1

Dear Kingham101,

• Thank you for the picture, it definitely helps
  • A rhinoplasty can help straighten the nose and help you breathe better out of the left side as well
  • When you are ready, I would go to a couple of consultations where you can get realistic expectations

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Decision to have rhinoplasty a personal one

+1

As long as you have realistic goals and expectations about what rhinoplasty can and can not achieve, you may be a good candidate for surgery.  Can rhinoplasty make your nose straighter?  Yes.  Will it completely change your life?  No.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD