Why is my nose crooked? (Photo)

My nose points diagonally to the right side. I've never broken it before, and it hasn't sustained any trauma. It does affect my breathing, when my nose is clear, I can breathe fine out of the left nostril but not so easily out of the right. Is there a way to fix this non-surgically? If I have to have it fixed surgically, what is the procedure?

The crooked nose

+1
You likely have a deviation of the nasal septum or dislocation of the septum that is causing your nose to deviated to the right side.  The nasal obstruction is due to narrowing of the nasal passage inside.  With both a cosmetic and functional problem the correction can be very challenging.  You would be best treated by a Facial Plastic surgeon or general plastic surgeon who has an otolaryngology background as well.  Unfortunately there is not a reliable non-surgical fix to your condition.  The procedure required would likely be a septorhinoplasty with cartilage grafting.

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose repair and breathing problems

+1
 Breathing problems can be related to many different items inside the nose such as a deviated septum, valve collapse, allergies,or  turbinate hypertrophy. Each one of these is treated differently with either medications or surgery.
A crooked nose  is repaired cosmetically with a rhinoplasty procedure to straighten it. This involves medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones and sometimes a cartilaginous spreader graft placed  under the concave upper lateral cartilage.
For many examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the links below

Your nose may be crooked from collapse of your left upper-lateral-cartilage, and possibly from a deviated nasal septum.

+1
The precise cause of your nasal crookedness could be determined during an in-person examination. If you're considering corrective surgery, you may benefit from consulting several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what may be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon