Is my nose crooked? (photo)

I might have broken a nose a couple of months ago. If my nose is indeed crooked, how would I fix it?

Is my nose crooked?

+2
Rhinoplasty may be useful once swelling has resolved to correct the crooked nature.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Broken nose

+1

Your nose appears slight deviated to your left side and the bones are wide.  This can be improved with a rhinoplasty involving re-fracturing of the nasal bones.  I think you will get nice improvement, but sometimes, perfect symmetry can be difficult to achieve in all cases.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Rhinoplasty for broken and crooked nose

+1
To straighten crooked  nasal bones, medial and lateral osteotomies will be required. In many instances a small cartilaginous spreader graft is also placed on the concave side to help  straight  the upper lateral cartilage in the mid third of the nose. For many examples  in our practice, please see the link below

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/crooked_photos18.html

Correcting a deviated nose

+1

The bottom line is if you broke your nose, it only matters if you are unhappy with the appearance or if you are having breathing issues. If that is the case, then you could benefit from a rhinoplasty from a facial plastic surgeon who performs this type of procedure on a regular basis.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose will straighten your nose and give u any cosmetic refinements as well. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Is my nose crooked?

+1

If your nose appears deviated 6-12 months after the injury, once the swelling has diminished, it can be cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

+1

You septal dorsum is deviated and you would benefit from a septorhinoplasty - find a nose expert to correct your problem.

Dr. corbin

Web reference: http://www.noseexpert.com

Brea Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose

+1

Your nose does look deviated. If this is different than before the nasal trauma then you probably did break it. See an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so discuss what will be necessary to straighten your nose and improve breathing if necessary.

Broken Nose

+1
It appears to be deviated by your photo. If it is the middle third of the nose it will be more cartilage and would be more extensive of a procedure. If it is the top third this will be bone and could be corrected by releasing the bones again and put back in the midline. Your surgeon will be able to tell at the time of your examination. Health insurance should cover this since this is not a cosmetic procedure (although many will try to deny this).
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon