My nose is crooked after a rhinoplasty and my surgeon tried to blame it that my face. Can I have him redo it? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty in 2008. My nose had a round tip that was slightly bulky. But the bone was straight. After my surgery. My nose was very asymmetrical and he did a revision after 6 months. It still is clearly crooked and very asymetrical. He then started injecting steriod shots into one side and told me it was uneven because of my face. It has been 4 years now. And every time I went in I was trying to be polite and he told me maybe more swelling to keep waiting it out. What should I do?

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are experiencing issues with your current facial plastic surgeon, I would highly recommend seeing another one for a revision rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasties are one of the most intricate surgeries out there that take a lot of skill and precision. There are plenty of board-certified facial plastic surgeons who may be able to give you the results you want to achieve. I would recommend doing some research, looking at before and after pictures, and scheduling a few consultations to discuss your concerns and goals.

My nose is crooked after a rhinoplasty and my surgeon tried to blame it that my face. Can I have him redo it?

+1

You could certainly return to your surgeon to ask about having this done.

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, you definitely have a deviated nose to the right. This can happen but Injections will not help at this stage. You'll need revision surgery and suggest to get several opinions until you feel comfortable with the doctor.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Healing and Revision

+1

After 4 years, the healing phase is over. Any residual asymmetries are likely to continue to be there regardless of non-invasive measures. From your photo, it looks like a revision rhinoplasty would be needed to address the crookedness of the nose and tip. I would be happy to see you in San Francisco to discuss your options and goals. Best of luck moving forward.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose will not change significantly 4 years after a rhinoplasty. I suggest you get a second opinion from a rhinoplasty specialist, preferably from a surgeon who does a lot of revision work.