Why is my Nose So Crooked? (photo)

hey all i didnt notice how crooked my nose was until a couple weeks ago people started to ask me if i had ever had it broken but i never have, my nose was always prone to being hit with a ball so i think it is probably sports related.

Crooked nose

+1

Your nose is crooked possibly because you sustained trauma in the past and now the bones are pushed off to one side and the septum is crooked.  An exam in person is the best way to tell.

The key to a straight nose is a straight septum

+1

The key to a straight nose is a straight septum.  It appears that your nose deviates off to the right side.  A septoplasty and rhinoplasty can improve your appearance.  

Crooked

+1

Your crooked nose can be addressed surgically with the help of a Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon.  Keep your eye on the ball!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1

It looks like you took a hit with a ball coming in from your left so it pushed the bridge over to your right. Both the bone and cartilage portions of the bridge are off to the right. Standard septorhinoplasty should fix this. If the bone did not splinter when it was hit the bone correction will be easier to perform at surgery with a greater chance of an optimal result.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Septorhinoplasty for the crooked nose.

+1

Yes your nose is crooked. This can be refined and straightened in one operation. Select an ex perienced rhinoplasty surgeon and you should have a good improvement. 

Septorhinoplasty

+1
Your nose is crooked and may have been from a previous sports injury or just has developed in this nature. Your nose looks similar to many male athletes I operate on who have had fractures and have deviated nasal septums. Typically with the apparent deviation you show visually this leads to functional problems as well. A septorhinoplasty addressing the functional and aesthetic problems is your best answer. Make sure you see a well referred rhinoplasty surgeon who has a lot of experience in male rhinoplasty. It is very important to keep a strong masculine nose that is in line with your facial structure. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Causes of a crooked nose

+1

Your nose looks very similar to many patients I see interested in straightening a crooked nose. Some of the most common causes of a crooked nose include a deviated septum,  a depressed upper lateral cartilage, and malpositioned nasal bones.  Based on your photos, I would assume you likely would have nasal breathing issues.  If so, you would benefit from a functional rhinoplasty.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose

+1

It is hard to definitively say whether you previously fractured your nose or not.  Some people with crooked noses have never injured their nose, and the nose just simply developed in a crooked fashion.  However, whether you had it broken or not, the treatment is the same, and that is with a rhinoplasty (also known as a "nose job").  This surgery is done under general anesthetic as an outpatient procedure and is typically not a significantly painful surgery.  Best wishes.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon