Would my Nose Be Considered a Good Candidate for Augmentation Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi there, I need a professional's opinion on the build/ shape of my nose. I have researched that different races have different nose builds therefore require different procedures. But being Puerto Rican ( mix of African, Spaniards, and Taino) I am never really sure of which advice to inquire on. Also, can my nose get surgery to look smaller but still subtle. I don't want a pinched nose, but I fear that because of my build that might be the only way to give my nose shape. Thanks in advance!

Best Rhinoplasty for Ethnic Puerto Rican Nose

+2

Hi Evie,

Yes, your type of nose is best treated with augmentation rhinoplasty.  If performed properly by a skilled and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, you should have an improved appearance of your nose.  Make sure that you do your homework and choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Would My Nose Be Considered a Good Candidate for Augmentation Rhinoplasty?

+2

The tip can be reduced in a very predictable way without causing a pinched look.  Subtle refinement can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty for a scarless approach and faster healing time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty augmentation with hump removal and refinement of the tip.

+2

Rhinoplasty augmentation with hump removal and refinement of the tip can be done if you choose a surgeon who does natural noses. To avoid getting an unnatural rhinoplasty look at the doctors before and after pictures and meet with some of his patients. You should be able to enhance your nose and be very happy if you choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Augmentation Rhinoplasty

+2

Your nose is not bad at all I would recommend several subtle changes to make the size more compatible with your other facial features.There are a number of potential options that are available in your case.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Augmentation rhinoplasty versus reduction rhinoplasty depends on where you want to go.

+2

Plastic surgeons can adjust the appearance of the nose by reshaping cartilages, pruning cartilages, or adding grafts of one sort or another to increased volume. All of this depends on with the patient has an wants to go.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+2

Thank you for your photos. You would be a good candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  You could benefit from a few minor changes.  Your nose appears to be a little wide with a thick tip. When you are ready to discuss this, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your expectations and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Augmentation Rhinoplasty

+1

Augmentation rhinoplasty is an excellent technique to add strength and height to a low nasal dorsum, or bridge. It can also add definition and projection to a flattened nasal tip. From looking at your photos, you would be an excellent candidate for augmentation rhinoplasty in combination with a tip rhinoplasty to help improve your definition. The best recommendations would come from a consultation with a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon. The best results are those in which it does not look like any surgery was done at all with a very natural and proportional nose for your face.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combination of augmentation and reduction in a Hispanic nose

+1

Based upon the photos you submitted, it is likely you will require some augmentation to the dorsum or profile of your nose and some narrowing and projection of the nasal tip; therefore this is both an augmentation and a reduction type of procedure. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Rhinoplasty

+1

You are an excellent candidate for an augmentation rhinoplasty which will give you  better definition with improved projection and contours that are proportional to the rest of your facial features. When done by an experienced surgeon you will get a natural result, not a pinced nose.  

Augmentation rhinoplasty

+1

Augmentation of the nasal bridge creates higher nasal bridge line and profile.  It also gives the look of a more narrow nose. Also important to make sure the tip balances with  the new bridge line. This can be performed through closed or open rhinoplasty techniques, as an outpatient surgical procedure.   Please see the  link below for examples of dorsal augmentation performed in our practice