Why Does my Nose Appear Completely Shifted/crooked/uneven After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

As soon as I was done with my surgery, I noticed that my nose looked completely uneven! I got the splint removed yesterday and it still looks bad. My doctor said it's swelling but I am really worried. It looks like completely out of whack and makes my face look deformed! I know it takes a year for results but I havent seen anyone with this crookedness. My family keeps pointing it out. Have you seen this in your patients? and how did it pane out? How long does it take to get back to even?

Swelling after rhinopasty

+1

Dear nosejob91,

1. Swelling can cause asymmetry in the healing phase and usually gets better as time goes on
  2. You can get a much better idea of what's going on in the next few months
  3. At this point, there is little to nothing to do because of all the swelling

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Why Does my Nose Appear Completely Shifted/crooked/uneven After Rhinoplasty?

+1

This may be swelling.  This early after rhinoplasty, you should wait for at least another 3 months to give the revision, if necessary, a reasonable chance of success.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

I see your issue in the posted photos. Best to have a face to face discussion as to length of time before the needed revision - 6 months would be the average. 

Twisted nose

+1

I understand your stress. Most of the time, when a nose ends up shifted to one side, its because there was a shift pre-operatively. If this was not the case, then I would have to agree with your surgeon and say it is swelling. Be patient and allow the healing to take place.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon