Why is my Nose Changing over Time After Rhinoplasty? What Exactly is This Change Called Medically? (photo)

As a kid I broke my nose 3 times. Once at 17 and another at 19 I had 2 rhinoplasties by the same doctor. After my first rhinoplasty I had a droopy nose and asymmetrical nostrils. After my second rhinoplasty I thought I was finally happy however in the 4 past years, my nose has metamorphosed into yet another crooked nose. It is not obvious all the time but I do feel the tip is pointing to one side and is droopy. Why is this happening to me medically?

Unfortunately, noses continue to heal and cartilage to change even after a few years

+1

The hardest thing to do in revision rhinoplasty is to make a crooked nose straight and for it to stay that way. We are looking to have grafts taken from your septum, ear or rib to overcome the natural tendency of a traumatized, crooked nose to warp or twist. As we learn more and more about rhinoplasty, techniques continue to improve but crooked noses are still the hardest thing to obtain consistently straight results. 

Long-term changes after revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your concerns from the supplied photos.  Additionally, it would be important to know how things appeared preoperatively.  Regardless, it is normal to experience mild changes in the long-term, particularly if your procedures were performed at a relatively early age.  These changes can be due to a variety of things, including medical conditions and repeated trauma.  It would be important to address your concerns with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.

Jarrod Little, MD