Can my Nose Be Changed to Look Like This? (photo)

Hi I was wondering if it was possible to take my nose from wide to thin using plastic surgery. I used photoshop to show my desired appearance. Please let me know if it is even possible! Thanks!

Can my Nose Be Changed to Look Like This?

+2

You can probably get close to the result, but skin thickness and healing will always factor into the final result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

There are limits to how much in nose can be changed by rhinoplasty.

+2

I see nothing unrealistic in your expectations. Some patients want changes that are not possible to accomplish with operation. Consult with a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon will give you a good idea what to expect.

Improvement by rhinoplasty likely, but…

+1

"But…" is that, while there is no question your nose could be made narrower, I am not certain it could be made quite as thin as you show on the image provided, and frankly, the "after" you submitted looks a little too thin or narrow for your face. 

Note that your cheeks are relatively wide compared to your jaw area and, therefore, it will be a visual disconnect if your nose is too thin.  I would advise conservatism insofar as happily accepting a significant improvement in terms of narrowing without reaching the rather radical change that you have shown in Photoshop.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD

Rhinoplasty narrows the nose

+1

Yes, narrowing your nose through rhinoplasty is an achievable goal. It is best to go to someone who specializes in faces, and especially on the nose. You should feel comfortable with them and go through their before and afters photos. 

Dr. Zoumalan

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

+1

Sure, and better too, consult a very good qualified surgeon.

Translation provided by doctor:

Seguro, y mejor tambien, consulte a un muy bien entrenado cirujano. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

+1

Kinda of you could improve the width by rhinoplasty surgery. But you may never achieve what a photoshop has done. 

Rhinoplasty To Narrow The Nose

+1

Changing the width of the nose is a common request.  The shape of your nose is determined by the nasal bones, 2 sets of paired cartilages, a central cartilage (the septum) and the thickness of the skin covering these.

If you are interested in rhinoplasty you will typically have a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  Your surgeon will ask you to explain what parts of your nose you don't like.  The surgeon will then offer you a plan of what is necessary to achieve your desired result.  The plan may including moving the bones of the nose (osteotomies), trimming the cartilages, changing the shape of the cartilages with sutures, and adding grafts to your existing cartilage.

The changes your mention in your question are possible.  If you are interested then find a plastic surgeon you feel comfortable with and go for a consultation.  I think you would be very pleased with the results.  Best of luck to you!

Al Rosenthal, MD