How much will my nose change over the next few months?

It has been a month after I had my second septo-rhinoplasty im not entirely happy with the way my nose currently looks. How much is it likely to change in appearance over the next few months?

Nose Surgery recovery

+2
Hi nervousnelly,

Please be patient, the first 2 months is still within the "ugliest period" of nose surgery. Before considering any revision surgery, you should wait for at least 3 months or better yet, 6months. The actual final result by vision will be appreciated in 1 year and histological in 2 years. 

It will be best to consult your surgeon about your concerns.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

In general, the final result of rhinoplasty is not evident for 18-24 months after surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. You will still have swelling after one month that can affect the appearance of your result. Swelling can be influenced by the following: whether the procedure was a revision, whether the procedure was open or closed, whether tip work was performed, and the thickness of the patient's skin. I would recommend waiting and see how you continue to heal, as the nose will continue to change over time. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions in the meantime, as they know the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nose Swelling

+2
It takes 4 weeks for 50% of the swelling to resolve and 3 mths for 75%. It takes one year for the final result. Consult your surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon