My Nose Bump. Can I Get it Back to Normal? (photo)

Since i was 11 i had ran into a wall pretty hard and since then I've had a bump on my nose. My nose is average size but the bump is on the top of my nose and is a pain since i wear glasses. Would it be possible to get my nose back to normal as in have some type of surgery? If so what would it be called and would it be possible to be done in one visit?

Dorsal Hump

+1

Trauma buckles and posterior displaced the cartilage of your nose.  The hump at the junction of the bone and cartilage is the result of trauma.  You will need the cartilage portion of the nose advanced forward with minimal bone removal of the bump.  You would also benefit from a chin implant to harmonize your face.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump

+1

Absolutely, a rhinoplasty can help improve the appearance of your nose and remove the nasal hump. The goal with rhinoplasty is to fix the nose with only one surgery.  However, we cannot always control the way the patient heals, which is why a touch up may sometimes be necessary even if the procedure is performed properly by a skilled specialist. From here, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I think you would be really happy with the outcome, and I wish you the best of luck!

Nose bump causes pain when wearing eyeglasses.

+1

Hi Dahlia_03,

The bump on your nose can be improved with a surgical procedure called rhinoplasty. Wearing glasses will be more comfortable once the hump is smoothed. Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.facialcosmeticsurg.com/rhinoplasty-sacramento.shtml

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Nose Bump. Can I Get it Back to Normal?

+1

Yes you can have a surgery called a rhinoplasty in one operative session. Best to consult with boarded docs in your area. 

My nose bump. Can I get it back to normal?

+1

Hello, you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty and can expect to have excellent results. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Surgeon. The surgeon will do some photo imaging and you will have the opportunity to get a good idea of what you can expect. Good luck to you.

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty to improve the dorsal bump can be performed to straighten it a bit.  Go for a consultation to be properly evlaauted.

Rhinoplasty for the broken nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the broken nose involves resetting the nose and grafting your own cartilage from your septum over the depressed parts of your nose.

Nose bump

+1

A rhinoplasty to remove the bump and harmonize your nose would be the best and most long lasting solution. This would require consultation to determine what you are looking for, out patient surgery and recovery (usually about a week). good luck!

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty will help

+1

You pictures are very helpful. You will need to have rhinoplasty to reduce the dorsal bump and also elevate the tip. Morphing soft ware before surgery can be helpful.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Back to normal with a rhinoplasty

+1
Rhinoplasty has great potential, yet normal can mean so many different things. The hump reduction is the 'easy' part, though planning how the rest of the nose follows and looks balanced can best be worked out with computer simulation to 'try out' changes to see what best fits your face.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty