My Nose Is Bulbus And I Have A Hanging Columella. Can I Have This Corrected With A Tip Rhinoplasty?

What is the best surgery approach? An open or closed tip rhinoplasty

Tip Rhinoplasty

+2

No. In my opinion your nose could be more feminine and elegant with a complete rhinoplasty addressing the relationship between all of the component parts. It is impossible to address one area without the other-- in this case. I prefer all primary rhinoplasty to be done through the inside of the nose to minimize visible scar

Tip rhinoplasty alone

+2

It is possible for some to consider a tip only rhinoplasty, though it can depend on the relative length of the nose, and the projection of the tip relative to the bridge. Open or closed is also a great question and most will prefer an open approach to give more control over the tip shape. A complete exam will help sort things out.

Bulbous tip and Hanging Columella

+2

Hi,

The short answer is yes but difficult to be sure without seeing your whole nose. If the rest of your nose has no issues, cartilage reshaping will do the trick.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Open versus closed tip Rhinoplasty?

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your nasal tip from the photos and therefore I can only answer in general terms. I have found that all but the most minimal tip changes are best accomplished with an open approach. The results from open rhinoplasty are definitely superior and well worth the minimal scar left on the columella !

David A. Ross, MD

Limited Rhinoplasty with Correction of Tip and Hanging Columella

+1

A tip rhinoplasty, elevation of your hanging columella, and alar base narrowing will improve the lower part of your nose but you want to have good proportions after surgery. I cannot see the bridge and profile; I suggest you send a complete set of nasal pictures as described on my website.

+1

Yes but only IN PERSON evaluations will allow a better examination and understanding of what is involved.

Rhinoplasty or tip Plasty for bulbous tip with a hanging columella?

+1

Rhinoplasty or tip Plasty for bulbous tip with a hanging columella? This can be done either open or closed depending on the skill of the surgeon who should be able to tell you if your nose will require surgery to narrow the bridge.

My Nose Is Bulbous And I Have A Hanging Columella. Can I Have This Corrected With A Tip Rhinoplasty?

+1

The tip and columella can be addressed with a closed rhinoplasty. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Most patients must undergo a full rhinoplasty, not a tip rhinoplasty due to the relationships of the bones, upper lateral cartilages, lower lateral cartilages and the skin. This important to balance the entire components of the nose with themselves and the nose with the facial features.