Is my Nose a Bulbous One? From These Pictures What Would You Suggest As Far As Rhinoplasty? (photo)

My mom and dad have narrower noses while i have this fat boxy nose.I ve also noticed when i lose weight it appears thinner? Why? i swear i lose wieght in my nose too. could weight gain push the nose out? my nose feels like its mainly tissue or fat especially at the tip. i like my profile i just dont like my nose from the front especially when i smile it pretrudes out more.

Bulbous nose?

+1

The changes you desire can be achieved with a rhinoplasty. Seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can show you a large number of patient results that you like. Computer programs can estimate the changes for you but make sure the surgeon can actually deliver the results you are looking for.

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Your nose is not bulbous.

+1

Hello Brandi4413,

Thanks for your question.  No, your nose is not bulbous. You have a relatively well-defined nose that does flare a bit at the bottom.  With your history of change in nasal bulk with weight change it seems as if fat content is important to your nasal bulk.  Tip and alar base narrowing procedures, along with conservative tip defatting could be utilized to keep your profile relatively unchanged while providing you a more narrow and better balanced tip and alar base from the front.  Consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist who knows how to blend a nasal tip into the rest of the nose can provide you with the options that best suit your needs.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Is My Nose Bulbous?

+1

I do not consider your nose bulbous but it does appear that you do have a wide asymmetrical tip which can be narrowed so it is proportional with the surrounding fine facial features. A profile view  would help me do a more complete analysis of your nose.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

Rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip involves a conservative cartilage removal of the lower lateral cartilages and the nasal tip along with tip suturing techniques to narrow and refine the wide boxy tip. Also important to make sure that the bridge balances with a new tip which osteotomies may be required. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website to give you an idea what can be accomplished with surgery along with our rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

Is my Nose a Bulbous One? From These Pictures What Would You Suggest As Far As Rhinoplasty?

+1

I think that tip refinement and a natural result would be achievable in your case in the right hands.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA