My Nose is Bulbous and Asymmetrical, What Can Be Done to Improve It? (photo)

Also, my smile is asymmetrical, and my right cheek (left in the picture) stands out more than the other side. But the nose is more important.

Rhinoplasty and Bulbous Nose

+3

Thank you for including photographs with your question.  It makes meaningful discussion a little more attainable.  Before meeting with a rhinoplasty surgeon I would suggest spending a little more time focusing on which features of your nose trouble you.

In general, patients that are happy after surgery tend to be ones with specific complaints that are correctable with rhinoplasty.

Spend time thinking and evaluating specific features with which you are unhappy.  Is the bridge of your nose too wide, is there a hump on the profile view, is the nasal tip turned downwards?  Also, consider if the nasal tip or nostrils are too large and contributing to the "bulbosity". 

I do not see any obvious asymmetries that I would try to correct with rhinoplasty.  There are several features that can be improved on both the font and profile views.  During a consultation, computer-enhancement software can be used to illustrate a surgical direction and potential changes.

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Balancing the nose with the face.

+3

Often times, a patient will come to me saying "my nose is too big" or "my nose is too long". Really what we’re seeing, is that the nose is actually out of balance with the structure of the person’s face.  Symmetry is the largest component in achieving a result that looks natural. If a nose is too big, small, pointed or crooked, then these aspects of the nose are out of proportion with their facial features.

In your particular situation, your nose is yes, asymmetrical on the right side.  Additionally, it appears to be deviated to the right.  I would suspect you have some breathing difficulties as well. If you were to straighten the septum and reduce the amount of excess cartilage to refine the tip, it would create a better facial symmetry, as well as address any possible breathing issues.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Nose is Bulbous and Asymmetrical, What Can Be Done to Improve It?

+2

From the photos, your nose is relatively wide and long with wide nasal bones and tip cartilages.  In cases like this, I prefer an Open Rhinoplasty with osteotomies.  Internal Weir incisions would be added too narrow the size of the nostrils.  You may want to have several consultations with experienced Rhinoplastry Surgeons that understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.  

Bulbous and Asymmetric Nose - What can be done?

+2

Thank you for the photos. You are correct that you have a degree of facial asymmetry and this is also reflected on your nose. From your profile view, you also have a small bump on the bridge that could be addressed. It is important to keep the nose balanced with the rest of your face. Your asymmetric smile is not something you can correct, but this is in balance with the remainder of your face. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

To put your mind at ease,most people have assymetrical faces and noses.Your photos do not show enough details.A consultation with a specialist would be much more helpful to you so that a surgical plan would be explained depending on the extent of the deformity and your type of skin

Raja Srour, MD

Rhinoplasty can improve asymmetric bulbous nose

+1

An asymmetric bulbous nose can be improved with closed rhinoplasty.  The small dorsal hump could be removed, nasal time narrowed, and columella trimmed back.  This is done as an outpatient procedure with all the incisions placed inside the nose.  Expect 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after the procedure.

Bulbous Asymmetrical Nose

+1

Some facial asymmetry is normal. With your nose I would recommend that you narrow the nasal base and the bulbous tip to refine and improve nasal proportions. Your nose is slightly long with a hanging columella which can be corrected. I agree that your nose is more important than other relatively minor facial asymmetries. 

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip, etc.

+1

A rhinoplasty can be done to refine and narrow your tip, slightly file your bump and raise your long nose slightly.  Thisay sound like a lot but each tiny step makes your entire nose balanced with a harmony of the component parts without overdoing the nose!

You need a clinical examination...

+1

Your photos are not enough clear to give you an accurate advice.

You need to be evaluated by a Board Certificated Plastic Surgeon (preferably with rhynoplasty experience). Explain to your surgeon your concerns. In my opinion, nasal asimmetry would be corrected with a nose surgery, and the bulbous appearance improved.

Good luck!

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Get a consultation

+1

Get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with nasal experience. I can't tell from those photos, you need to be seen in person.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD