Hit left side of nose against a wall--it is swollen but it doesn't seem broken and didn't bleed. Do I need to get it examined?

Three days ago I hit my left side of my nose very hard against a wall... Its still swollen but I'm not sure if its broken or not. It doesn't move like if its broken and It doesn't seem like it broke or anything but it hurts to the touch. It never bled or anything like that... but I just want to know whether I should go check myself. I just don't wanna waste my money if its not broken.

Broken nose

+1

It is difficult to provide you with advice without performing an exam. I would recommend seeing a board certified specialist in your area, as they will be able to look at your nose in person and determine if there is any damage. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Assessing a broken nose

+1

Your question is impossible to answer without a physical exam.  Yes, you should be evaluated unless you are willing to live with a broken nose.

Talmage Raien MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Broken nose

+1

It's important to document nasal fracture with x-rays. Examination of the nose both on the external and internal component should be performed to  make sure there is not a septal hematoma.  After that point it's up to the patient as to whether not they want a repair the twisted or broken nose