Is my Nose Really Broken?

So I was playing rugby and girl's head hit me up the nose. It didn't bleed or bruise but it hurts pretty bad. Now when I press on the right side I hear bone cracking.

Is my nose really broken?

+1
An exam would be necessary to accurately determine whether or not your nose is broken. Symptoms of a broken nose may include the following:

1) Bleeding following trauma
2) Swelling
3) Bruising

I would recommend seeing a rhinoplasty specialist in person, as they will be able to examine your nose and determine the extent of your issue. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is my Nose Really Broken?

+1

You should be examined to determine if there was a substantial injury.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Is my nose really broken?

+1

An exam would be necessary to provide you with an answer. I would recommend having a board certified rhinoplasty specialist look at your nose. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose and advise you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Is My Nose Broken?

+1

This is not a question that can be answered in this forum. Get an examination by a rhinoplasty surgeon. Even if your nose is broken surgery may not be necessary if you don't have any change in appearance or a breathing obstruction.

Broken nose

+1

Without pictures or x-rays impossible to tell and whether your nose is broken. To make the diagnosis of a nasal fracture, it's important to get x-rays and examine external and internal portion of the nose and have it documented for medical purposes in case you desire to have it repaired. Also important have an ENT/ facial plastic surgeon examine the internal portion of the nose to make sure it's not deviated as well.

Nose injury

+1

Difficult to say for sure, but it is possible if you do in fact hear bone cracking. Many minor nasal fractures do not need any treatment if there is no significant deformity or difficulty breathing as a result of the injury. If you have concerns, I would recommend being evaluated by a specialist in your area.

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is my Nose Really Broken?

+1

Typically, when a nasal bone breaks, there is bleeding. But the only way to be sure is to see a doctor who can examine you. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon