I've Had my Nose Broken for About a Month and Sometimes It Bleeds a Good Amount, and I Want to Know if This is Normal?
- Asked by mcanales31 in Denver, CO
- 2 years ago
About a month ago someone smashed a glass cup on my face and broke my nose, and sometimes it starts bleeding a good amount and I want to know if this is normal?
Not normal for nasal bleeding a month post trauma
Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com
Not normal so long after the incident
It is not normal to have these reoccurring nose bleeds. Consult with a facial plastic surgeon or Rhinoplasty Specialist, or at least your primary doctor. The sooner you have this checked out probably better your chances are for a relatively easy treatment or solution. Best of luck!
- Dr. Salzhauer, Bal Harbour Plastic Surgery
Nose bleeds after nasal fracture
- Sorry to hear about your broken nose. I would recommend a consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to evaluate why you are still having nosebleeds.
- In the meantime, start Saline nasal sprays to keep the nose moist.
The nasal fractures might have caused cuts on your septum which may bleed intermittently.
- A future rhinoplasty may need to address the septum and the sources of your bleeding.
Web reference: http://drtravistollefson.com
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.