I've Had my Nose Broken for About a Month and Sometimes It Bleeds a Good Amount, and I Want to Know if This is Normal?

About a month ago someone smashed a glass cup on my face and broke my nose, and sometimes it starts bleeding a good amount and I want to know if this is normal?

Not normal for nasal bleeding a month post trauma

+1
I would suggest you see and expert in the field of rhinoplasty as soon as possible. I see that you live in Denver and often times in a high altitude and with cold dry weather you may see an increase in the bleeding episodes with winter fully on it's way. Best regards!

Not normal so long after the incident

+1

It is not normal to have these reoccurring nose bleeds.  Consult with a facial plastic surgeon or Rhinoplasty Specialist, or at least your primary doctor.  The sooner you have this checked out probably better your chances are for a relatively easy treatment or solution.  Best of luck!

- Dr. Salzhauer, Bal Harbour Plastic Surgery

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Nose bleeds after nasal fracture

+1

Dear Mcanales

• Sorry to hear about your broken nose.  I would recommend a consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to evaluate why you are still having nosebleeds.  
  • In the meantime, start Saline nasal sprays to keep the nose moist.

The nasal fractures might have caused cuts on your septum which may bleed intermittently.  

• A future rhinoplasty may need to address the septum and the sources of your bleeding. 

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon