Is my Nose Broken? Can I Fix It Without Surgery? (photo)

My nose was punched 1 or 2 years ago and I did not go to see my doctor as I thought it would recover itself. Clearly it didn't and lately I've noticed when taking a picture my nose really looks crooked. I don't know if it is broken or not so I took a picture. please take a look at that and let me know what is wrong with my nose and what can I do to fix it I don't want to get surgery but I will have to if necessary. Thanks.

Rhinoplasty for a previously Broken Nose

+1

From your photo it  appears you have significantly deviated nasal bones.  This deviation could well have been caused by the trauma you described.  At this point in time if the nose was broken, the bones have now healed and it would require a rhinoplasty surgery to re-break the bones and reposition them.  Unfortunately, there are no good non-surgical alternatives.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Broken Nose

+1

Your nose is obviously deviated, probably secondary to the trauma you describe. The only way to straighten your nose is with surgery. The asymmetry can be camouflaged with fillers but then you would have a very wide nose.

Is my Nose Broken? Can I Fix It Without Surgery?

+1

Your nose does appear to be twisted. The lighting probably accentuates this but the nose is clearly off to the left side. This usually results from trauma. Non-surgical treatment like a filler would be placed on the concave side. This would make the nose appear straighter but would also make your nose look abnormally wide. I don't recommend that. Surgery would allow the nasal bones to be delicately cut and then reset in the midline, straightening your nose. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon