Is my Nose Broken and if So Can I Get It Fixed?

5 to 6 years ago I fell nose first on my sisters knee and heard a popping sound. No blood came out but the pain was terrible. I now have this tall looking nose. When I feel the bump I feel like a bone is ontop of another. I just want to know if this is fixable after all these years.

Broken nose can be repaired years after injury

+1

It is certainly possible to repair a broken nose from many years ago.  This is simply a reduction of a nasal fracture, which involves osteotomies and straightening of the nasal pyramid.  This is always done under general anesthesia and will take approximately 1 hour.  The anesthesia is performed by a board certified anesthesiologist in a certified and accredited surgery center.  Make sure that any internal twisting of the fracture or twisting of the septum is also addressed.

Timing for fixing a broken nose

+1

Fortunately, there is no down side in delaying treatment for a fractured nose in most cases.  In fact, most surgeons delay corrective surgery until all swelling has gone down which can be many weeks after an injury. Crooked noses after an injury are difficult to get perfectly straight, but can usually be markedly improved. Bone abnormalities can be rasped down, modified, or grafted with good results.

Russell W. H. Kridel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Broken Nose

+1

A rhinoplasty specialist can fix your broken nose, improving the appearance and nasal breathing. Select an experienced surgeon so you achieve a natural result.