My Nose is a Bit Crooked Including the Tip?

I don't have a large problematic nose, I have a long hump and droopy tip. What I want out of the surgery is to lessen the droopiness of the tip and get rid of the hump, making it straighter. My concern is I love my nostrils, and I dont mind the twisted nasal tip that much. After the surgery, if nothing is done about the crookedness, will it get worse?

Rhinoplasty and tip issues

+1

During rhinoplasty the tip and crookedness should be addressed.  This is commonly done at the same time as the dorsal hump removal and treating the droopiness.

Must nostrils/crooked tip be changed during rhinoplasty?

+1

While I doubt the crookedness will worsen, it's important to understand how your nose will ultimately look given what the surgeon needs to do to correct the other areas of your nose. The necessary changes could make your twisted nasal tip look far more prominent than is currently does. Without seeing a picture of your nose, it's impossible to know if this would be the case in your situation.

Be sure to talk with your surgeon about your concerns and preferences. He or she will be able to give you an accurate idea of what is/isn't possible.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

What is Changed with a Rhinoplasty?

+1

There is not a a standard rhinoplasty.  Only the things that bother the patient need be changed.  Other aspects may be left intact.

My nose is a bit crooked including the tip?

+1

The goal with rhinoplasty is to create a nose that is in harmony with your facial structure and complements your facial features. During a consultation, computer imaging software can be used to give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. It also serves as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. You do not have to change the appearance of the nostrils during surgery. If your nasal tip is twisted, it will not necessarily get worse if it is not addressed, but may throw your nose out of balance given the other changes. An in-person consult would be the best next step, as it is difficult to provide you with any specific advice without seeing you in person. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Correcting Twisted Nostrils

+1

Hello. Rhinoplasty is done to improve the entire shape of the nose. A correction to the dorsal hump and tip can be done with or without adjustment to the nostrils. If you choose not to correct the crooked nostrils, they will not worsen as a result of the surgery. To get the best results, be sure to express your wishes clearly to your surgeon prior to the surgery, and choose a doctor who is board certified and experienced in rhinoplasty procedures. Best of luck!

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Crroked tip?

+1

This is a natural and common trap that patients fall into when they evaluate what they want changed. It is very difficult to see the "total  balance". What happens is you change the things you don't like and now what didn't bother you before becomes noticeable since it is out of proportion with the new areas. The best thing for you to do is have a consult with computer imaging so you can see what a variety of different steps does to your appearance.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon