Is my Nose Big, Long or out of Proportion for my Face? (photo)

I've always blamed my nose for my bad profile, and done so much to try and hide it, making sure people never see me from the side. (mission impossible) I have lately figured out, though, that my profile might actually look ugly because my mouth is too far back to be in line with my nose and chin. This might be because I have had braces twice ! I don't know if you get what I mean? I don't have a lip roll, or any volume to my lips. Basically, my mouth area isn't protrusive enough. Opinions?

Try morphing your profile photo to see what is bothering you

+2

Thanks for the question/photos. I think your best bet would be to try using "morphing" software to see how your profile would look if you changed the shape of your nose. You could also try making your upper lip a little fuller and more protruding. There's an app on my website, the Virtual Rhinoplasty, which lets you do this. During consultation, I perform a similar computer imaging exercise using more sophisticated software, to give the patient a little sneak preview of his or her new nose. It's also a chance for the patient to communicate what he or she is seeking aesthetically. Ultimately, there's no one ideal profile which fits every face. 

Should you decide that your nose needs to be brought a little closer to your face or your bridge or tip lowered, these are very common issues in a rhinoplasty practice. Make sure to do your homework and look at a lot of before/afters, to make sure you like the results you are seeing from a particular rhinoplasty surgeon. Consult with a few to ensure you find someone with whom you feel completely comfortable. You really don't need a drastic change to your profile, in my opinion. 

If you find that you like your profile appearance with a little more volume in your upper lip, there are wonderful injectable fillers, such as Restylane and Juvederm, for lip augmentation. They can be safely and comfortably injected in a few minutes in the office. These fillers can be quite natural and attractive looking, if performed conservatively and judiciously. Unfortunately, people only notice others that have their lips overdone!  Both fillers are reversible as well, with a quick injection of hyaluronidase, if you are not ecstatic with the results. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is my Nose Big, Long or out of Proportion for my Face?

+2

From the photos, aesthetically speaking, the profile and front views show a wide nasal bridge and tip with a nasal bridge that's high creating a slight dorsal hump.  The nasal tip may also be slightly over-projected.  Rhinoplasty can address all of these issues especially when the Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Questions about profile

+1

First of all you do not, by any measure, have an ugly profile.  You do have a bit of a 'tension nose' which makes the upper lip look thinner.

You can see an example on the link below

You can also try to get some Juvederm in your lips to get more fullness 

Sam Naficy, MD

Nasal concerns

+1

You should define specifically what bothers you and what you want to improve. Once this is accomplished you should speak to a surgeon to see if your goals are realistic or not.  Good luck.