Can my Nose Get Bigger and Wider After Rhinoplasty, Or Is This Swelling? Is this going to be permanent?(Photo)

Can my Nose Get Bigger and Wider After Rhinoplasty, Or Is This Swelling? (photo) i had rhinoplasty 7 mons ago. the procedure was to make my nose narrower and contoured and added a little bit of bridge. when they took of my splint, my nose looked really nice but as time goes by my nose is getting bigger and wider. is this going to be permanent? please help. I want to know why my nose looked even more swollen than the first few months after the cast was taken off. what is wrong with it?

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It looks like you have a persistent bulbous tip. This can be from scar tissue or from fatty tissue under the skin. If it still there at 1 year you may want to consider a revision. See links below for info on revision rhinoplasty and bulbous tips.

Dr.S.

Nasal swelling

+1

Nasal swelling can persist for a year and sometimes longer. Give it time to heal some more.  Good luck.

Nose wider after rhinoplasty?

+1

It can take 1- 1.5 years for swelling to decrease and totally resolve after a rhinoplasty, tough to tell without an eval, but I would encourage you to follow up with your doctor and voice your concerns, but not unusual for swelling to hang around for a long time.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It may take over a year for swelling to resolve after rhinoplasty.  Discuss your concern with your surgeon.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Can my Nose Get Bigger and Wider After Rhinoplasty, Or Is This Swelling?

+1

During the early post Rhinoplasty phase swelling and subcutaneous scar tissue can make the nose appear larger...if you're concerned you should speak with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Nose getting bigger after rhinoplasty

+1

In looking at your frontal photographs it looks like the nose has become narrower. There seems to be evolving narrowing in the tip area since surgery. There will be persistent swelling in the nose up to about a year after surgery. It would probably be best to allow your nose time to stabilize. You can also discuss your concerns with your surgeon to see what his or her opinion is of your healing.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Healing after rhinoplasty.

+1

Your nose only has a few mo9re months and that is the nose you will have. You should discuss what you do not like with your surgeon and proceed from there. If still not happpy get a second opinion.