5 months post op, Can my Nose Get Bigger and Wider After Rhinoplasty, Or Is This Swelling? (photo)

i had rhinoplasty 5 mons ago. the procedure was to make my nose narrower and contoured and added a little bit of bridge. when they took of my splint, my nose looked really nice but as time goes by my nose is getting bigger and wider. is this going to be permanent? please help.

Nose Get Bigger and Wider After Rhinoplasty

+1

If your bridge was reduced during surgery it is possible for your nose to appear wider.  It is hard to tell if that was done without looking at before and after side views

Nose Bigger and Wider Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Although healing is not complete 5 months after a rhinoplasty, you can normally have a good feel for the final appearance of your nose. This one picture, although not good quality,  does suggest that your nose is wide without great projection. Share your concerns with your surgeon. A revision may ultimately be necessary.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Ethnic rhinoplasty is a very specialized procedure. it looks like you still might have a peristant bulbous tip and an open roof deformity making your bridge look wider. At 5 months, most of the swelling should have subsided. Ask your surgeon or seek a second opinion. See Links below for further explanation

Best.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS