Would my Nose Become Permanently Weak After Undergoing an Osteotomy Procedure?

I am considering to go under the knife and a doctor suggested osteotomy procedure to narrow my nasal bone, but I am a basketball player and I am prone to getting hurt on my face and body. Would an osteotomy procedure on my nose make my nose more vulnerable to fractures in the future?

Nasal Weakness after Osteotomies

Your -nose will temporarily be weak after a rhinoplasty with fractures of the nasal bones but strength will return after healing for several months. I tell my patients to avoid any nasal trauma for 6 weeks after surgery and then to be cautious for another 4-6 months.