Will my Nose Go Back to the Shape It Was when Cast First Came Off?

I'm male and I had Rhinoplasty 12 days ago and the cast was removed a week later. I really liked my nose when the cast came off but now its getting bigger especially the tip and more droopier. I know its swelling but should it go back to something the way it was when the cast 1st came off?

Nose gets more swollen after case removal

+1
Immediately after the splint or cast is removed, it is common for the nose to look more defined. After the compression has been removed, the skin and soft tissues can swell and this can take weeks to months to significantly improve. After rhinoplasty, tip shape is typically the last thing to settle before seeing the final result; this can take 12 months or longer. During this time you will notice that the size of your tip decreases as swelling resolves and subtle details and tip definition appear. Additionally, you may notice that your tip derotates and deprojects.

Final nose shape should be close to what you had after the splint was removed

+1

Hello Keith,

Thank you for the question.  If you think about it the only thing that has occurred after the splint was removed is more swelling has set in.  I think you stand a very good chance of regaining the result that you initially saw after the splint was removed.  There are other factors involved in the healing process but swelling is still a big component.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Nasal Shape

+1

Let's give it six to twelve months of healing time and see what happens.  You may be amazed at the "change" over time.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Healing Process

+1

Hello. At only 12 days it is impossible to assess the final results of your rhinoplsaty procedure. It will take at least 2 weeks for the majority of the swelling to subside, but it will be 6 months before you can judge your final results. After that the healing process will continue for up to a year, so be patient.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD