Can I Get my Old Nose Back? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty to remove a natural bump on the nose but I didn't want my appearance changed SO much. Is it possible to re-add the bump?

Re-adding a dorsal hump after rhinoplasty

+2

Adding a dorsal hump is certainly possible.  You have a couple of options, starting with nonsurgical using dermal fillers (Restylane, Radiesse).  This can be done in the office in about 15 minutes as a quick ambulatory procedure.  The results would last 6-12 months.  The next option would be surgical.  Cartilage would have to be harvested from either your nose or your ear, and could be used in a variety of ways to augment or build up your dorsum to recreate the dorsal hump.  One reasonable way would be to dice the cartilage finely, and place it in your dorsum through a closed rhinoplasty approach.  

Bump rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear Bump Bump,

• Yes, the easiest thing to do would be add some filler wherever you want the bump
  • If you like it, there are permanent fillers or a small cartilage graft can be placed

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Getting my Old Nose Back

+1

Your profile line can be augmented, usually with cartilage grafts, to give more projection of the bridge. Wait 9-12 months after your original surgery.