How Different Will my Nose Be After a Year Post Op Rhinoplasty?

I am almost 5 months post op rhinoplasty where I had my nose broken to be straightened, I know I don't get my final result till up over a years post-op but how different will my nose look from 5 months post-op to a years post-op?

How different will my nose look one year following surgery?

+1

It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of rhinoplasty. Swelling can depend on the thickness of the patient's skin, whether or not tip work was performed, and whether the procedure was a revision. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first three months, and the remainder goes down over time. To answer your question, it really depends on the patient and the details of their surgery. Most of the changes are noticed during the first few months of your recovery. There will still be a change during the later part of your recovery, but there is generally not as much of a change as in the first few months. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Post op changes after rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Postoperative healing and the changes that occur as the healing process evolves can vary form patient to patient.  It can depend on your intrinsic ability to heal, how much work was actually done on your nose and thickness of the skin and soft tissue. If you had prior surgery on your nose, the recovery may be longer as well. It really can take between a year and a year and a half to see the final results. 

Michael A. Epstein, MD