Is my nose really affecting my looks or is it all just in my head? (photo)

I am a very sensitive person, always have been, always will be. When I was a child I was subject to a lot of abuse both physically and verbally. At the age of 14 I had my nose broken, my eyes swelled for 4/5 days, when the swelling gradually subsided I just carried on as if nothing happened, I had no breathing problems whatsoever so didn't think there was a need to see a DR, until my mother one day looked at me and said my appearance well, metamorphism she called it. I'm now 30

Rhinoplasty for nasal fracture

+1

The choice to undergo rhinoplasty is a very personal one, and only you can make that decision. Do not let anybody else talking you into doing surgery.

The dorsal hump is composed both bone and cartilage which can be shaved down, and then osteotomies will be required to narrow and straighten the nasal bones and prevent an open roof deformity. There may be some tip adjustments necessary as well.

For many examples of rhinoplasty performed in our practice, please see the photo gallery link below to get an idea what can be accomplished with the procedure

Rhinoplasty

+1

The decision to undergo Rhinoplasty is a very personal one. What may be a quite significant deformity to one person, may not concern another and vice versa. I certainly can see ways to make your nose more harmonious with your face, but it's ultimately your decision whether or not it bothers you enough to have a Rhinoplasty to address your concerns. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Rhinoplasty for removal of nasal hump and tip refinement.

+1

Rhinoplasty for removal of nasal hump and tip refinement can be done to give you a more aesthetically pleasing nose. However you must be the one who decides whether or not this is appropriate for you.

Nose affecting my looks

+1

The decision to have a Rhinoplasty to reshape the nose is yours alone and should be based on the fact that you are self concious of the appearance of your nose and if a Rhinoplasty was performed, it would simply make you feel good about yourself. In looking at your nose, you have a nose that has a bulbous tip, the tip is drooping which makes the nose look too long for your face and in profile view you have a hump on the bridge. A Rhinoplasty performed by an experienced and skilled Rhinoplasty surgeon should give you significant improvement and a better self image. The best is to get a consultation with the surgeon and have him show you, either in front of a mirror or with computer imaging, what your nose would look like and then make the decision.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is my nose really affecting my looks or is it all just in my head?

+1

The decision to have a rhinoplasty needs to be yours and yours alone.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.