What Would Make my Nose Look Better? (photo)

I've always thought there was something not quite "right" with my nose that I didn't like. I think it's too big or something is awry. I've thought maybe a smaller, flatter nose would work better. But I don't know what I would need to do or what the problem is that's making my face look off! What do I need to really glow?

What can be achieved with rhinoplasty?

+2

Thank you for including photographs with your question.  It makes meaningful discussion a little more attainable.  Before meeting with a rhinoplasty surgeon I would suggest spending a little more time focusing on which features of your nose trouble you. 

In general, patients that are happy after surgery tend to be ones with specific complaints that are correctable with rhinoplasty.  Being able to communicate your concerns and desired goals will allow your surgeon to have a meaningful discussion about whether these goals are realistic and attainable. 
  Spend time thinking and evaluating specific features with which you are unhappy.  Is the bridge of your nose too wide, is there a hump on the profile view, is it straight?  Also, consider if the nasal tip too large or too pointed, or moves too much with speech.

During a consultation, computer-enhancement software can be used to illustrate a surgical direction and potential changes. 

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suggestions to improve appearance of nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is generally performed to remove any dorsal hump on the nose, narrow a wide tip or bridge, and refine and feminize nasal features.  Adjusting the nasal profile so that the nose is not the most prominent feature of the face will allow the nose to be in better balance with all other facial features.

What Would Make my Nose Look Better?

+1

From the photos, there appears to be a nasal hump with wide nasal bones, nasal cartilages and tip.  Reducing the nasal hump, breaking the bones to narrow the nose and nasal tip refinement would be suggested.  Be sure that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands  and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.  The chin may also be a bit weak but a profile view would be needed for further evaluation.  

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty

+1

It is important for you to have some idea of what you dislike about your nose and would like changed, however an experienced facial plastic surgeon will examine you carefully and make further suggestions. Computer imaging is a very useful tool in some cases to allow patient and surgeon to have a "meeting of the minds" and form a plan. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty to Improve Appearance of Nose

+1

Murieann, you would likely benefit from cosmetic rhinoplasty to make the nose look more proportional with your surrounding facial features. In particular, it would be nice to narrow the bridge as well as bringing the bridge height down. Your tip would also benefit from reshaping to provide better definition. Your best bet is to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon whose practice is largely dedicated to cosmetic nose reshaping. Most surgeons who fit this description will be able to offer you computer imaging of your nose to give you an idea of what direction and degree of change may be best. Good luck with your search and decision.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving Nasal Appearance with Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplaasty will bring your nose into proportion with the surrounding well defined facial contours. Minimal nasal reduction will change the full, wide, rounded appearance of your nose. Subtle changes will provide significant improvement.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Without an in office consultation it is difficult to give you a formal recommendation. It does look like from the photos that your nose could be softened a bit.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Before you have any surgery you need to get a better understanding of what you do not like otherwise you will never be able to judge or be happy with the results of any surgery. Your posted photos show limited views so it is impossible to say exactly what could be done or what your current condition is. The only thing I can see is straight vertical sides of the nose and similarly vertically oriented tip cartilages instead of curving sidewalls that follow the curve of the brow and obliquely aligned tip cartilages.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose with bulbous tip and bump.

+1

A rhinoplasty would give you a softer look with narrowing the bridge, refining the tip and removing the bump. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rhinoplasty: creating a beautiful aesthetic nose, restoring balance to the face.

+1

There are various techniques and approaches to performing an aesthetic and successful rhinoplasty.  The essential components are to take the various aesthetic and anatomic structures of the nose and to contour and revise them.  This creates a beautiful profile and feminine and attractive shape for the female nose.  In order to create the best and most appropriate surgical plan, you need a detailed consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  In evaluating the nose and examining the different cosmetic and functional aspects, you and your surgeon can decide on the plan that will create a sensual, feminine, beautiful nose and give your face the balance and glow that you desire. 

John G. Apostolides, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon