I Had my Noninsicion Eyelid Surgery 1 Year Ago. Can Feel a Prominent Knot Under Skin?

Hi, I had my noninsicion eyelid surgery 1 year ago. When I half close my eyes, I can see a prominence and also feel a knot by hand under my left eye skin(where the suture is), and the color is also darker. Is this normal?

If you are having a problem, call your surgeon

+2

I can't agree with my colleagues any stronger.  This site is filled with questions from people who are experiencing strange or worisome problems after surgery. Instead of asking the questions here, the most appropriate thing to do it to call your surgeon adn be seen.  Your surgeon will see you and will be the best person to answer your questions and address your concerns.  If you are unable to reach your surgeon because they are in another country or just unavailable, then you should see another qualified doctor in your area.  Keep in mind that the major reason you should not go out of the country for cheaper surgery, is that you no longer have a surgeon who will continue to see you during the immediate and long-term healing period. There is much more to what we do than just what occurs in the operating room. Sorry to preach, but this trend of turning to this site regarding potentially serious issues had become enormous recently and can be quite dangerous.

Sutures can become more evident over time.

+2

May suture eyelid methods involve the placement of a permanent suture.  This is a foreign material which does not break down.  Not uncommonly there can be an issue with a retained suture.  The knot rarely may become exposed over time.  You surgeon is really the best person to assess you.  If for some reason you surgeon is no longer available, I recommend seeing a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on its website that can help you find a surgeon near where you live.

Knot after non incisional eyelid surgery

+2

I agree completely with Dr. Jaibaji.  The greatest danger with this forum is turning to others with questions that are best addressed by your operating surgeon.  That person should be able to answer your question  best.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Prominent kontt under the skin following non incision eyelid surgery

+2

Thank you for the question, The best advice I can give you in this forum is to go back to your surgeon and ask him that question. He/she know what has been done and what treatment you need.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

See your operating surgeon

+1

I would advise you see your operating surgeon for an explanation. If your doctor is not helpful, a second opinion would be the appropriate next step.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon