My Nipples Are High but my Breast Sag. I Want Implants but No Lift, How Will It Look?

I had a lift and implants in 2001 ,420 cc in each , my implants have deflated and the nipples are set high, but I do have some sagging , I can not afford another lift but would like to replace my implants , can a larger implant help lift them and what do you think?

Implants but no lift

+1

My assessment without pictures or exam is that you had a type of lift that wasn't really a lift or it depended on the skin level to hold the breast up but that doesn't last very long and the implant has now stretched out the lower pole of the breast which makes the nipples look too high. 

It is possible that a wider/taller (and therefore larger) implant can compensate for the bottoming out, but implants are just pillows and do not actually lift the breast. The appearance of a lift is an illusion created in your situation by filling out the upper pole of the breast (and making it wider with a round implant but not expanding the lower pole). You already have the incision scars from the previous lift, but if the situation can be improved by a wider/taller implant then that would be simpler at least for now. Whether this is feasible or not depends on where your nipple-areola sits in relation to the inframammary crease behind it. This would require an exam and a plastic surgeon familiar with revisions of this type of situation. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Surgery

+1

To answer your question yes you can have implants replaced.  This will be compromised result. No one is satisfied with a compromised result. I know finances are an issue. You may want to wait until your finances are appropriate to get the correct operation.  A good interim step would be to remove the implants and allow the breast to settle over 3-6 months then reevaluate the situation. 

Dr ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Dissatisfaction with appearance of breasts

+1

It would be helpful to produce photographs, however your description of their appearance and what was already done suggests you have a dropout of the implants into the skin envelope, with loss of upper pole fulness and 'star gazing' nipples. Your implants have unlikely deflated. A revision surgery to place larger implants (or worse, larger high profile implants) will stretch the skin envelope further, and you will be in the same situation you are in now, only with larger breasts.

Any revision surgery that would be helpful in improving the appearance would require both an internal closure of the implant scar capsule, as well as a revision lift to shorten the distance from inframammary fold to nipple.  Unfortunately, it would be a more time consuming surgery, and would require much more skill and expertise than a simple removal and replacement surgery, so therefore it would be more expensive. You are better off doing nothing than doing a cheaper option that ultimately will not bring happiness either.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Avoiding a Breast Lift with larger Breast Implants

+1

I would agree with the other responders that pictures are a necessity to give a realistic opinion.  That being said, if the nipples are already "high"  a lift is likely not necessary.  The old implants and the capsule will need to be removed and this could potentially add to the cost of the exchange, similar to how a lift would.

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out of the breast shape

+1

I would not be able to make a judgement about this without seeing photos of you, but it would sound as if you may need an inframammary tightening of the breast shape, which could be done through an inframammary( below the breast) incision.  Implants alone will not raise the breast up, but it sounds as what your problem may be is "bottoming out" which means the implants are settling below the central part of the breast.  This forces the nipples to look too high on the breast.  This is correctable and cane be done at the time implants would be exchanged.

Please contact a good Plastic Surgeon who can assist you with this probelem

Good luck.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  Tampa

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Replacing Breast Implants

+1

Without  a picture, making any recommendations is near impossible. But in very general terms, in some cases increasing the size of the implants can help put off a breast lift for the time being.

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

High riding nipples post lift/augmentation

+1

Without photos it is impossible to render an informed opinion, but if you already feel your nipples are on the high side than a lift is generally not needed unless the lower part of your breast needs tightening. Larger implants will likely not help. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon