What Can Be Done with my Nipples to Make Them Even? (photo)

I've had a BA 2 months ago. My breasts were uneven from before. The surgery helped with camuflaging this but my nipples were left the way they were. I was hoping the implant will stretch the smaller nipple and the size difference won't be that noticable. As you can see the right one is still bigger and it shows when I'm not wearing a bra, since my nipples are puffy. The right one is also a bit 'off- centered'. what kind of surgery would do need to fix this?

Nipple Repositioning Post Breast Augmentation

+2

A circumareolar or Benelli repositioning of your right nipple more towards your sternum will improve the position of your nipple.  It will decrease the poutiness (herniation of breast tissue) into the right nipple and you can adjust the size to equal the diameter on the left nipple.  If you desire to get rid of poutiness on both nipples, a small Benelli correctionon the left nipple can be done at the same.  It will also increase pressure on your implant, therefore during this procedure, I would also release some of your capsule around the breast implant towards the sternum which will give you more cleavage. 

To better improve the appearance of your breasts, I would liposuction the fat at the front of both your armpits known as axillary breast tissue (Tail of Spence).  This tissue is breast tissue that developed at puberty and usually turns to fat before people are 20. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
The puffiness is totally normal and I would wait at least 6 months before making a decision as things will change. If you really wanted at that point I would do an incision around yoru areola that moved your areaola towards the midline

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Nipple Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi,

Thank you for posting the before and after photos.

Final results are often obtained at about 6-8 months after the surgery.

Nonetheless, you can benefit from a circumareolar repositioning of your right nipple to be more centered with a smaller areola that is closer in size to the left one.

I recommend that this procedure be done after you achieve full recovery hence final results so your surgeon can base his/her correction on solid grounds of set and final results).

Thank you for your question and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nipple asymmetry

+1

You had pre existing asymmetry and lateral nipples.The right nipple is responding to the position of the implant.The pocket could be released laterally,but this will result in less cleavage.Adjustable implants are helpfull in these situations

Alternatively a circumareolar repositioning of the right nipple could be done

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation magnifies who you already are

+1

You have a classic example of how a breast aug just makes you a bigger, more magnified version of your natural self.  This is not "corrected" by augmentation. In order to try to be more symmetrical, you would probably need a periareolar lift on your right side aimed obliquely and centrally to decrease the areolar size and move it over a bit.  This still won't get perfect symmetry as this will never be possible for you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS