Are my Nipples Too Low? And What to Do for Strained/ Pulled Chest Muscle? (photo)

I am 2 weeks post op. I had 400cc and 450 cc silicone implants placed under the muscle. I am 26, 5'10, 140lbs and have had one baby who I breastfed. I had implants because I had almost no breast tissue after I stopped nursing. Are my nipples too low/ will they look this way after I am healed completely? Also I have felt really great and consequently over did. My left chest muscle near armpit and side breast has sharp pains. What to I do to help heal and did I cause damage to implant?

Your final result will likely be better

+3

Thank you for the question and photos.  Aesthetically some skin should be seen from front view below your areola to the breast fold.  At 2 weeks however, you are very early in your recover period and it is likely that the skin between your breast fold and your areola will expand.  Hang in there as I think your final result will be better.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

It takes several weeks for breast implants to settle after breast augmentation.

+2

From the photograph it looks as though everything is doing well. The abundance of volume in the upper pole of the breast is due to artificial support of the breast implant by swelling. This will improve over the next few weeks as well of the other symptoms.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think your nipples are in a great position, they look a little droopy which is very natural and is actually but everyone is looking for, the muscle will settle with time but make sure to rest it

Nipples low after augmentation

+1

You are very early in your recovery period. Breast implants will settle and drop over 3-6 months and this will help the nipples move up. Just wait and re evaluate at this time. You probably strained your muscle or are having spasms. Some advil and heat will help.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Early result after a breast augmentation - normal appearance

+1

You are still early in the post operative healing period and the implants are being kept in a high position by swelling and the muscle.  Given time the implant will drop and your nipples will rotate into a higher more aesthetic position.  It is also not unusual to have early pain due to stretching of the muscle.  

Give it time

+1

Hello. Two weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

Are my Nipples Too Low? And What to Do for Strained/ Pulled Chest Muscle?

+1

Too early to tell but downward massage techniques are indicated to lower the position of your implants. as for a "pulled" muscled see your surgeon for therapy. 

Are your results OK?

+1

In short answer to your question are your nipples too low, I would say that I do not think that that is so. First of all I think you have an excellent early result.  In almost all situations the implants ride a little bit higher for a couple of weeks.  As the muscles relax, the implants drop lower and it appears that the nipples rise on the horizon.  Obviously,  anyone who has had a child and breast fed like yourself will have had a previously stretched  envelope.  Frequently people are interested in a perfect result.  The previously stretched envelope makes this more difficult but I think you are going to have a excellent result.  Many others require a mastopexy to raise the skin from the "foglight to the headlight" position. That results in some scarring that I don't feel you will require at this point in your life. Enjoy your great results!

Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Nipple position two weeks postop.

+1

It is too early to tell where the implants and nipple position will end up until the implants fully settle or drop.  This may take 3-6 months.  As for the muscle strain, you should check with your surgeon regarding their recommendations and protocol.  Perhaps an anti-inflammatory medication may help along without over doing it for a while.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Are my Nipples Too Low?

+1

Nipples look a little low, but not outside a range I would consider to be average. Chances are they are a bit low on preop photos.

As the implants settle over the next 2-4 months or so, the lower pole volume may well fill out and make this less noticeable. Follow up with your surgeon. All the best.