My Nipples and Areola Are Pointing Down and Are Not Full, is This Normal? (photo)

Hello"I'm 5'2 and 105lbs and on 04/02/12 I got saline breast implants hp 450cc placed under the muscle through a transaxillary incision,I'm happy with the result, the only problem is the my areola and nipples are pointing down and saggy and not full is these normal?

Nipples Pointing Down After Breast Implants Under Muscle Will Improve-Pole Wrap May Help

+2

Thank you for your question. With massage and breast implant displacement exercisies and time the implants should move down to a more natural position and the nipple postion should improve.

Ask your doctor about a "Pole Wrap" a cloth band that can be worn above the implants to help push them down.

It can take 3 months for the implants to settle. High placement such as you have is more common with breast implants placed through the trans axillary approach.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/breast-implants-under-or-over-the-muscle-which-is-best-for-you/

Nipples/Areola Pointing Down after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

At this stage in your recovery, it is much too early to evaluate the results of surgery. Hopefully, as is usually the case, your breast implants will “settle”;  when this occurs the nipple/areola complexes will sit in a better position on your breasts.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon and patience before evaluating the end results of surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Implant position

+1

Transaxillary implant placement has the highest risk of malposition. However, if the muscle was divided, the implants probably will come down more over time. You should give it 3-4 months.  If it does not improve, you will probably need a revision.

Nipples point to the shoes after augmentation

+1

Thanks for the photos. You have malposition of your implants and they will never come down to the appropriate level without another surgery to place them in the right place. They are also too large for your frame and amount of breast tissue you have. Since you are happy with the results, I'm not sure why you even posted this question.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

My Nipples and Areola Are Pointing Down and Are Not Full, is This Normal?

+1

The posting of your before and after photos are appreciated, it is the only way to allow us to advise you. Based only upon the posted photos, I believe you have an issue or issues. First the nipple to inframammary fold distance appear short, thus a lower inframammary fold was needed and not done. Secondly via the  trans axillary incision augmentation, the #1 complication is inadequate inferior release of the pectoralis insertion medially. This unfortunately has happened in your case, and waiting 4 to 6 months will only upset you more. Finally, I'm also concerned that you might have some fluid surrounding the implants, more on the left side. Therefore you will most likely need revision surgery after a few months sorry. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon or obtain second opinions in person. 

It is way too early to know

+1

One week after surgery is just too early to make any real statements about what your final result will be.  It is critical that the inferior attachments of the pectorals major muscle be divided during this operation.  This dissection allows the implants to sit properly.  I prefer to use an endoscope to verify the muscle has been divided.  Some surgeons do this dissection blindly.  I have found that the implants do tend to sit a bit higher in my transaxillary patients.  However, after a few weeks to months the final results to not differ from other approaches.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Nipples pointing down

+1

I do not perform transaxillary surgery so take this with a grain of salt. Unless the lower attachments of the muscle were released the implants cannot come down to fill out the lower portion of the breast. As long as your surgeon regularly performs this I wouldn't worry.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/html/breast-augmentation-procedure.html