Will my Nipple Ever Look Normal Again? (photo)

I had a BA 7 months ago. 350 CC silicon unders, deflated b cup prior. I had a peri areola pexy on the right side. My nipple still looks huge in comparison to the other. Will it ever look normal? I hate the way it looks, the photo makes it look even worse.

Nipple symmetry can be achieved with a minor procedure

+2
your nipple/areola asymmetry will not correct itself but the good news is that a relatively simple minor procedure can help you.
Revision of your larger areola, and a closure with a permanent suture (such as GoreTex suture) is the best way to prevent this from happening again.

Periareolar lift issues

+2

You will need more surgery to make the areolar diameters more even.  Both are large so in order to have the same scar, you could slightly decrease one and do more to the other.  A permanent suture should be used to control the size of the circle.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

The nipple is normal looking, just a bit larger.

+2

Dear Mama 2010 - It's hard to say but most likely no, it will not get smaller.  You may need a nipple reduction on that side.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Will my Nipple Ever Look Normal Again?

+2

It certainly can look normal again, but that will require surgery to reduce it. I will speculate that no permanent purse string suture was used. That is not always necessary, but assuming that this has stretched out since perhaps being the right size at the time of surgery (a guess), using a Gore-tex suture to maintain the size would be a good idea next time.

All the best. 

Dilated areola can be fixed

+1

The areola on the right has essentially dilated, or stretched back out, and it can be corrected very easily with a minor procedure under local anesthesia.  I would use a permanent "blocking" suture made out of something like Gore Tex) to retain the shape/size of the areola and prevent recurrence.  Good luck

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Areola asymmetry

+1

Yes, the right one is larger.  This can be relatively easily treated by using a circumareola approach and making it smaller.  I will often use a permanent suture.