Will my Nipple Ever Be Normal?

I had my BA in August 2012. Pre BA i was a deflated c, I have 350 CC silicon unders with an areola incision. I also had a pexy on the right side. My right nipple still is flat and looks huge in comparison to the left. I'm assuming its due to th pexy. Will I ever be normal? It has some sensation which is a good thing, it's just ugly.

Doughnut mastopexy will leave a flattened and broad areola.

+2

The description sounds as though the operation consisted of the breast augmentation and periareolar mastopexy. This type of mastopexy often results in the flattening broad areola. It can be corrected by more formal mastopexy.

Flat nipple after mastopexy

+1

After 10 months I doubt the nipple projection will chang at all.  You may want to consider a nipple enhancement if it really bothers you.  This can be done under local anesthesia.  Yo may loose some sensation in the process.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Periareolar Mastopexy (Lift)

+1

When I perform a lift with a scar just around the areola, I always use a permanent suture (Gortex) to help the areola (the dark part around the nipple) stay the new smaller size and keep from flattening out.  If this isn't done, it commonly stretches out.  You may require a short outpatient procedure to put in a permanent suture.  You will want to wait until you are completely healed before undergoing another procedure.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Huge flat nipple after mastopexy

+1

Without a blocking suture an around the nipple lift with an implant can cause the nipple to stretch and flatten. We really can't tell what the situation is without more information, but as is, it is unlikely the nipple will sort out on its own.

Right Areola Large and Flat after Mastopexy

+1

If this was a circumareolar mastopexy, there are two possible things to consider.  Performing this again with a permanent suture to help prevent spreading.  OR  Convert this to a different type of lift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Concerns about “Nipple” after Breast Lifting Surgery?

+1

It is not possible to give you precise advice without examination or viewing photographs.  The best advice I can give you would be to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and express your concerns; he/she will be in the best position to discuss options to improve your situation.

Will my Nipple Ever Be Normal?

+1

Without some photos I cannot tell what the issue is, and therefore cannot comment on the prognosis. By seven months you should be seeing a final result except for scar maturation which continues for about a year. Please consider posting photos to enable the surgeons here to offer useful advice. 

All the best.