Can my nipple/areola complex be lower and made smaller? Can breast crease be lowered? (photo)

Can my nipple/areola complex be lowered & made smaller? They are currently 16cm from clavicle notch to mid nipple. Can my breast crease be lowered (they were raised during mastopexy to two different heights/shapes) to create a more aesthetically pleasing shape? What would be the best way to correct the breast asymmetry that resulted from the mastopexy? Side note: I didn't need such an invasive lift. Surgeon told me this was the only way to gain less "sag" with implant. Had Implants removed

Can my breast fold and areola be lowered?

+3

Thank you so much for your question. The short answer is yes! You're areola can easily be lowered with a minor procedure. It's slightly more involved to lower your inframammary fold of your breast. However that can also easily be accomplished with a minor procedure.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Purse-string areolaplasty

+3

Dear Widgette,

Both of those can be accomplished. I suspect a purse-string areolaplasty alone would be enough. This would be able to reduce the areola diameter as well as position the areola a little closer to the fold. If you were to get a breast augmentation the areola position would not likely be an issue depending on the size of the implant.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Finesse after Mastopexy

+2

You might get closer to where you'd like to be with a minor revision procedure that includes removal of some skin from the breast creases (inframammary skin excision). This can help to lessen the asymmetries and lower the position of the nipple toward the apex of the breast silhouette: in reality, the nipple will not be lowered, rather, the silhouette of the breast is elevated slightly. There is no way to lower the nipple without leaving a scar above the nipple-areola complex.

A purse-string areolaplasty can help to decrease the size of the nipple-areola complex, but the areola might stretch out again over time.

Sometimes a revision can be helpful to tweek the results of surgery and get the finesse you seek, but keep in mind that some asymmetry is normal, perfection is not achievable, some flaws are the norm.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Circumareola mastopexy

+1
I recommend a circumareola approach (not Benelli) to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. The nipple size can be reduced to your desire size and the inframammary fold moved. It appears that the skin has been stretched out, you are bottoming out and the nipples are slightly pointing upward. These can be corrected using this new technique. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lower my areola?

+1
I agree that the areolas are slightly high. They can be lowered. That being said, lowering the inframammary fold is more complex and a procedure that I generally do not recommend.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast surgery

+1

I actually think your result is excellent. You do have some asymmetry which is very slight and your nipple positions are satisfactory. I would advise against trying to lower your nipples. It is very difficult to achieve and might mess up the good result you have. I think you would look better with small implants but you note that you had implants removed and don't say whether you would want them replaced.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Can my nipple/areola complex be lower and made smaller? Can breast crease be lowered?

+1

My over the internet opinion is either leave alone or small amount of fat grafting to upper poles only..