My Neck Seems to Sag on Side Where I Had Mohs on my Nose 6 Weeks Ago. Is This Common?

Neck sag after mohs

+1

No - this is not common.  Most likely it is swelling from the nose working its way down to the lower face and neck

Sagging neck after Mohs to nose

+1

This is highly uncommon and probably not related, anatomically speaking. The only things I can think of are that you might have changed your sleeping position over the last 6 weeks, or even how you hold your head (the tilt of it). Now that the site is healed if you've gone back to your normal sleeping position or head tilt, you might see a bit of a muscle change in your neck. However, this would be so uncommon that I've honestly never seen it, but they're the only two possibilities I can think of. I would suggest you return to your surgeon for an evaluation.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Sagging Neck after Mohs Surgery on Nose

+1

Your description of a sagging neck after Mohs surgery on the nose is very unusual and difficult to explain anatomically. I suppose one option is that you have some residual swelling that has gradually drifted downward due to gravity and is now causing some swelling or sagging in your neck. The best option is to return to the doctor who performe your surgery and discuss the situation. If he or she doesn't give you a satisfying answer or the problem persists, it doesn't hurt to seek a second opinion.

Andrew Kaufman, MD

Probably not common; see you Mohs Surgeon

+1

If I am understanding correctly, you had Mohs on your nose, and now your neck is sagging.  This sounds very unusual, and I would highly recommend you bring this concern up to your Mohs Surgeon.

More information would be helpful.  What type of repair did you have?

Brent Spencer, MD
Frisco Dermatologic Surgeon