Why is my Navel Area Draining So Heavily After TT?

My navel area started leaking today Sunday and I had to keep changing the gauze. This never happened and I'm about 3 weeks post op. It is a light tan color but is odorless. What does this mean?

Draining navel

+1

THis may represent a seroma based on the information that you are providing if its about 3 weeks post surgery.  There are many variables to consider without knowing more history, but this is something that your surgeon should be made aware of.  Also you want your surgeon to try to culture that fluid and examine the wound around the navel to make sure it is healing and not infected.  This is again something that your doctor needs to see and assess.

Good luck

Dr. Vasisht- South Shore Plastic Surgery 

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon