Can my naturally uneven nostrils be fixed with surgery? (photo)

I have been extremely self conscious of my nostrils since I can remember and I am hoping there is some way they could be corrected via surgery. My nostrils just sit at completely different angles, as you can see in the picture. If I pull the skin above my left nostril to the right a bit, they do even out, if that means anything!

Nostril asymmetry can be difficult to correct if not caused by underlying bony and cartilage deformity

+1
If the nostril asymmetry is caused by a crooked nasal septum or crooked nasal bones correction of these underlying cartilage and bony abnormalities can improve your nostril shape.  However direct surgical intervention on the nostrils is unlikely to correct deformity that you have.  Please consult a very experienced expert plastic surgeon who does a great many rhinoplasties.

Can my naturally uneven nostrils be fixed with surgery?

+1
Yes a surgical intervention can improve the asymmetry in your nostrils. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON opinions. 

Asymmetric nostrils

+1
Yes, it is quite obvious that you have asymmetry, but it looks more like an underlying skeletal asymmetry that might be the problem. You might need a graft along the sill to "bring it up."   Hard to say from the photo alone.

Uneven nostrils can be improved

+1
You're correct-- you do have a nostril asymmetry. There're surgical techniques that are used to correct this type of problems, making nostrils appear more even. But remember, there's no human being out there-- who has everything perfectly 100% symmetric. Would be good to see the profile photos as well as frontal photos. It is essential that you go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with years of experience, look at his/her "Before" and "After" photos!

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Uneven nostrils

+1
Thank you for your question and for sending photos. Your nostrils are indeed uneven. Correcting this would be a straightforward procedure for a rhinoplasty specialist. It would be very important to make sure your plastic surgeon is board certified and has an expertise in rhinoplasty. Ask to see patient before and after photos. It is wise to get a second opinion as well before decided on a surgeon. RealSelf.com could help you find an expert surgeon in your area. Best wishes.

William McClure, MD

Nose and nostril asymmetry can usually be improved

+1
Asymmetries of the nose and/or nostrils are due to the underlying seputm and tip cartilages. By reshaping the cartilages, often using grafts of your own cartilage as well, a more symmetric nose can be achieved. This is complex procedure and you should seek a specialist in rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

+1
     The nostril asymmetry can be improved through a couple of maneuvers.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions every week. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1
The answer is yes.  Your septum could be a contributing factor to your uneven nostrils. You may be a candidate for both functional, and cosmetic nasal surgery.   Discuss this with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon during the exam.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Uneven nostrils

+1
It is likely that rhinoplasty can improve the asymmetry in your nostrils.  Often a deviated nasal septum is a contributing factor causing the difference in nostril shape and size.  You might even breathe better through your nose after you correct the nostril issue. Good luck

David Stoker, MD