Will my Natural Eyebrow Arch Return Once the Botox Droop Wears Off?

I have, or had, beautiful naturally-arching eyebrows. I had Botox injected for the first time last week by a board-certified dermatologist for my frown lines, though she also injected it right above my eyebrows above my pupils apparently into my frontalis muscle. Now my eyebrow arch is mostly gone and my brow is flatter across, and my eyelids have dropped a few centimeters--I HATE this sleepy look! Will my brow regain it's natural arch once the Botox wears off? I'm terrified I'm stuck with this.

Will my Botox wear off?

+2

Yes, typically it will take between 2-3 months to see the return of these muscles with full return at 6 months. Botox is a wonderful tool to relax wrinkles and take years off your appearance, I would tell you to communicate with your next injector the displeasure you had with your last treatment and address the eyebrow arch you like. Good luck!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Keeping eyebrow arch with Botox

+2

You may start seeing the return of your natural eyebrow arch as soon as six to eight weeks after the Botox injection. Please discuss this with your doctor so that he/she may provide additional reassurance , and make an appropriate note for your next treatment. Don't be discouraged by this experience. Botox and Dysport can make you look naturally fresher and younger. Best wishes.

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

+2

Yes, after the Botox wears off the natural arch of your eyebrow will return.  Botox will temporarily paralyze the muscle.  It's important to see an experienced injector for the best results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Brow Drooping From Botox

+2

This used to be a relatively common problem. When we first started using Botox many years ago, the usual technique was to relax the entire forehead. While this caused a nice smoothing effect across the entire forehead, it also caused a frozen, unnatural appearance, and often dropped the brow. Because of this, we now use much less Botox in the forehead and stay fairly high. This softens the wrinkles, allows some (but less) movement of the forehead and has less chance of dropping the brow. At the same time I also will inject a little bit of Botox into the area just underneath the lateral eyebrow. This relaxes one of the muscles that pull the brow down, therefore counteracting the potential drop in the brow that can occur from the forehead injection. This combination causes a softer forehead with some movement, and usually causes the brow to either stay where it is or even raises the brow slightly. The good news in your case is that Botox is temporary. The effect on your brow will improve somewhat in about a month and should be back to its original appearance in 3-4 months.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Brow Droop...

+2

You will start to see an improvement in as soon as a few weeks but it will return to normal after 3-4 months.  This is an unfortunate occurance and it does not happpen all the time.  Botox is a great product.  Don't give up on it.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Your normal eyebrow arch will come back after botox

+1

yes, your normal anatomic structures have not been affected permanently by Botox. Once the effect wears off, the frontalis muscle will elevate again, and with them the arch of the eyebrow will reappear. We can't afford to try to reduce all the horizontal forehead lines without creating some sagging of the forehead and so, there needs to be an understanding as to what can be accomplished by Botox and what can be affected in the neighboring regions.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox and brow droop

+1

Your brow droop may only last a few weeks or up to 2 months.  Next time, less Botox will probably be injected high on your forehead.  You may also benefit from a Botox brow lift to raise the outer part of your eyebrows.  When your Botox effect wears off, your eyebrow arches will return to normal. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist