Will my Natural Breast Still Droop if the Implant is Placed Under the Muscle?

I am getting implants for two reasons. One to help lift up my natural breasts and of course to give me breasts again. I am small 32 B, 5'2", 107lbs, small frame. I did breastfeed and had a total hyst-on premarin replacement. I have see several PS MD and all feel that I don't need a breast lift but would great results with implants. My question is -if I have implants placed under the muscle then will my breast/nipple have a great chance that they may still droop? Thanks for your advice.

Implants DO NOT prevent future breast drooping

+1

Your breasts will droop after an implant is placed under the muscle.  That is the reason a new technique has been developed called The Augmentation with Ultimate Lift.  This technique uses a circumareola approach (around the nipple) that allows placement of the implant retro-pectoral, elevation of your remaining breast tissue and elevation of your nipple.  The advantage of this technique is all 3 are elevated to the same level which maximizes projection.  The technique was developed specifically for people who have drooping breasts, to improve breast shape and provide long term stability.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants?

+1

Implants will not lift your breasts, they will make them fuller. Without an exam, it is difficult to tell you what would be best for you.  Good luck.

Breast droop over implants

+1

With a submuscular augmentation the breast can indeed droop over the surface of the implant. This can be reduced if the implant is large enough to fully fill out the skin envelope so that the implant and breast fit together hand in glove. This way they will feel and move together as one, a more natural result over all.

+1

Yes, breast tissue can still droop over time while the implants remain locked into position by the inner scar bra we call a capsule. It does not matter if the implant is under or over the muscle if your surgeon uses the dual plane submuscular technique as most surgeons do. That does not mean you, in particular, will have that problem. Not everyone does. But it is a possibility.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Will implants work for drooping breasts

+1
The question can't be answered without photographs, even in general terms, without frontal and lateral photographs and an indication of the size/shape of the proposed implants.

Robert L. Kraft, MD