Is my Native Chest to Far Apart for Implants?

I am currently a 34 small B and the doctor pointed out that my native breast sit farther apart from each other and one is slightly smaller than the other. I am worried they will be uneven or not symmetrical, Is it not as pretty when the breasts don't sit as close to each other on the chest and will I still have cleavage?I am 5'9 and weigh 140 they recommended 450 cc silicone gel implants with an IMF incision.Because I am tall will the implants make me look bigger and is that size to big for me?

Questions about implants and cleavage

+1

The space between the breasts or cleavage is determined by two general factors.  The width of the breast bone or sternum and the flare of the rib cage.  If you have a wide breast bone and an angulated rib cage flare then the implants and your cleavage will diverge instead of converge.   These are structural anatomic features that can be masked by implant placement.   

Wide cleavage and implants.

+1

In general, the centre of the implant should be placed behind the nipple areola complex. So you can imagine that if the implant is offset, the breast will have an abnormal shape. Whilst the wide cleavage may be improved to a small extent, I think that you will be left with space between your breasts. The more your implant encroaches on the sternum (breast bone), the more obvious will be its outline and the more easily it will be felt. Photographs would be helpful to help you decide.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage and implants

+1

Cleavage is often determined by the anatomy. It partially has to do with where the muscles attach to the sternum.

Breast position

+1

Before deciding on how to proceed it is very important to have a full and thorough assessment by an accredited plastic surgeon.

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry can be improved with Breast Implants

+1

It is hard to give you a good answer without photos.

There are 2 aspects to your breast asymmetry. First is the "breast footprint' or the area on the chest on which the breast sits. If you find it hard to understand, visualise you  when you lie on your back and the base of the breast is the footprint. The second is the actual volume in the breast itself. They can be corrected by surgery by releasing the tight attachments at the base and choosing an implant of varying base widths and volumes. It is very hard to get them perfect but a good PS should be able to help you

Hope this is useful

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Can widely separated breasts be corrected with implants?

+1

It is essential to see photos before being able to suggest advice on corrective surgery. However,based on your history, including that of having widely separated asymmetrical breasts, I would say that your breasts should be able to be improved both in symmetry as well in cleavage. You need to consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing breast augmentation, especially asymmetrical breasts. Good luck! 

George Lefkovits, MD

Is my Native Chest Too Far Apart for Implants?

+1

While this cannot be answered without an exam or photos, the breast gap is usually determined by the anatomy but subtle improvement can be achieved with augmentation.  As far as the size, 450 cc implants will increase most women by at least 2 cup sizes.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Results after breast augmentation?

+1

Without the benefit of photos or a face to face examination, it will be impossible to give you solid opinion about your final results after a breast augmentation. Perhaps opinions from several different plastic surgeons in you area would be beneficial, especially since it doesn't seem that you had any input in choosing your implant size. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Achieving Goals with Breast Surgery?

+1

Impossible to give you specific advice without direct examination or at least viewing pictures. You may be best off seeking 2nd opinion consultations with the best breast plastic surgeons you can find in your area.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Breasts far apart

+1

It is difficult to say without seeing you or photos but either your breasts are actually widely spaced which has to do with your individual anatomy.  You may have a wide chest as an example. In other case just the distance between the breasts is wide.

In either case you are still a candidate for a breast augmentation. The added volume will create more cleavage. The distance between will be narrowed. To accomplish this an implant of the correct diameter not necessarily volume is necessary.  This will be determined by your plastic surgeon. Sometimes when a situation is not straightforward it is best to get several opinions and choose the plastic surgeon who understands the issues that are important to you and with whom you develop a good relationship.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon